- Assisted Living »
- Home Care »
- Independent Living »
- Senior Care
- Contact Us
- Providers »
4. Information Collection Practices.
4.1. Traffic Data. Like most website and mobile application operators, SeniorCaring automatically gathers information that web browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) Internet domain names; (iii) types of devices accessing the Service; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Service (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that is not meant to personally identify you.
4.3. First Party Cookies. SeniorCaring uses first-party Cookies on the Service, for example the Google Analytics Cookie, for the following purposes: (1) to gather visitor and access information relevant to customizing the Service to your interests; and (2) to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the Service.
4.5. Third Party Cookies and Advertising.
4.5.1. Ad Serving. SeniorCaring uses third parties for providing advertising which helps financially support the Service.
4.5.2. Google Advertising. In addition to these purposes, Google, Inc. ("Google") uses third-party Cookies to serve online interest-based advertisements on SeniorCaring. As an important example, Google uses a cookie known as "DoubleClick" to enable both Google and Google's third-party marketing partners to serve advertisements to you based on information gathered during your use of the Service or your visit to other websites and services.
4.5.3. Advertising on Third Party Websites. SeniorCaring may advertise on other Third Party Websites to you after you access the Service. We and third-party marketing partners, including without limitation Google, may use first party Cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie), third party Cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), and web beacons (such as the Facebook conversion tracking pixel, see https://www.facebook.com/), including across multiple devices, to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements to you based on your use of the Service. This practice is commonly known as retargeting or remarketing (see https://en.wikipedia.org/).
4.5.4. Google Analytics.
126.96.36.199. Google Analytics is Google's analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the "__ga" cookie. SeniorCaring uses Google Analytics on the SeniorCaring website.
188.8.131.52. In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with other advertising cookies (including the cookies described in Section 4.5.2 (Google Advertising)), to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web.
4.5.5. Data Collection by Third Parties. Any of these third parties may place Cookies on your computer or mobile device, use web beacons (see https://en.wikipedia.org/), and gather IP addresses and log data to collect traffic and activity data to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising.
4.5.6. Opting Out of Third Party Cookies.
184.108.40.206. You may customize your Google Cookies preferences or opt out of using Google Cookies on the Google Ads Settings page at http://www.google.com/.
220.127.116.11. You may learn about Facebook Cookies and how to customize your preferences at https://www.facebook.com/.
18.104.22.168. You may opt out of using other third parties' Cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/. You can also learn more about how to delete or control Cookies at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
4.6. Personally Identifiable Information. To use certain features of the Service, you will be asked to provide SeniorCaring certain personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes the following categories, without limitation: (1) "Contact Data" (such as your name, phone number, fax number, mailing address and email address); (2) "Financial Data" (such as your credit/debit card number and expiration date); (3) "Demographic Data" (such as your gender and ZIP code); and (4) "Third Party Social Media Account Data" (such as your account information for third party social media accounts when you access the Service in connection to those accounts). In each case, you will be asked to provide Personal Information; the Service will not gather it secretly. SeniorCaring may supplement the Personal Information you provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide that information to SeniorCaring. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Service.
4.7. Specific Information Collected. SeniorCaring collects the following specific items of Personal Information:
4.7.1. your first and last name
4.7.2. your address
4.7.3. your email address
4.7.4. your telephone number
4.7.5. personal information about the person to be cared for, which can be used to contact you
4.8. Health Information. SeniorCaring additionally may collect certain health information from you. However, entering health information is not mandatory. You may always choose not to input your health information, although this choice may disable certain functionality in the Service.
4.9. Service Not Subject to HIPAA. Because SeniorCaring is not a health care provider, your transmission of personal information and/or health information is not subject to or protected by HIPAA or the HIPAA Privacy Rule (45 C.F.R. Part 160).
4.10. Information You Make Public. The Service may contain features (e.g., instant messages, electronic messaging, etc.) that allow you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute content, or other information, including your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which SeniorCaring is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
5. Information Use and Disclosure Practices.
5.1. Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies. SeniorCaring analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help SeniorCaring better understand who is using the Service and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, SeniorCaring is able to better design the Service to improve your experience, and to serve you more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, SeniorCaring may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service. SeniorCaring does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
5.2. Personal Information.
5.2.2. Disclosure Practices. Except under the following categories of circumstances, SeniorCaring will keep the Personal Information provided by you to SeniorCaring private, and will not share it with third parties.
22.214.171.124. Disclosure to Facilities. At your request, SeniorCaring will provide your Personal Information (including Contact Data) and information you provide about the prospective resident, to senior care facilities. See Section 4.8 (Health Information) to learn how SeniorCaring handles health information about prospective residents.
126.96.36.199. Disclosure in Connection with Service. SeniorCaring discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including without limitation those who perform technical, administrative, and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, and security.
188.8.131.52. User Content.
184.108.40.206.1. User Content Defined. "User Content" is any content, material, or information, not including Personal Information, that you submit, upload, and/or post to, or transmit, display, perform, or distribute by means of, the Service, whether in connection with your use of the Service or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, personal photos and videos.
220.127.116.11.2. License to User Content. As stated in the Terms of Service, by using the Service, you grant Track 5 Media, LLC and its stockholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, consultants, representatives, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Company Parties") the right to publish your name and any username of yours in connection with the Company Parties' exercise of their license in and to your User Content. You further waive any claims arising from the Company Parties' exercise of that right. For additional information, see the section of the Terms of Service titled "User Content".
18.104.22.168. By Law or to Protect Rights. SeniorCaring discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, in response to a subpoena or court order, or when SeniorCaring believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SeniorCaring, third parties, or the public.
6. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications From Company. Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby expressly consent to receive electronic and other communications from SeniorCaring, over the short term and periodically, including email communications, regarding the Service, new product offers, promotions, and other matters. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; or (b) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Security of Personal Information. SeniorCaring takes security seriously. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of your Personal Information. However, due to the realities of data security, SeniorCaring is unable to guarantee that any information provided to us will not be accessed, hacked, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized parties.
8. Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your credit, bank, other financial institution information, username, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, bank account information, other financial institution information, username, or password from your account and update our records accordingly.
9. User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information. SeniorCaring wants your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. As stated in the Terms of Service, by using the Service, you represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with your use of the Service is current, complete, and accurate, and that you will update that information as needed to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, your Personal Information, visit your personal profile. Through your personal profile, you may review and update your Personal Information that we have already collected.
13. Do-Not-Track Disclosure. SeniorCaring does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals sent by browsers.