Today, more seniors are choosing to undergo plastic surgery later in their life. In 2015 alone 39,772 eyelid surgeries and 37,632 facelift surgeries were performed on people 65 and older. There is an industry boom in elderly reconstructive surgeries for a number of reasons. First, as the baby boomer generation continues to live longer than past generations, more seniors are choosing to undergo small cosmetics surgeries to fight aging appearances. Seniors are also choosing to undergo plastic surgery to fight the growing era of age discrimination. Whatever the reason may be, more and more seniors are choosing to undergo cosmetic surgeries later in life. Are you considering undergoing a surgery? Here we’ll be discussing some of the more common types of cosmetic surgeries for seniors, as well as other small non-surgical tips that can help to improve your overall confidence!
Cosmetic Surgeries for Seniors: Common Surgery Procedures
- Facelift: One of the most common forms of cosmetic surgeries for seniors is to a have a facelift procedure. Today, seniors have a heightened awareness as to how they look in their neck and face region. Many seniors undergo a facelift procedure to help blur the appearance of wrinkles on the face, as well as to help boost their overall confidence. The average cost of a facelift is around $8,000 but can range anywhere from $4,500-$11,000. Seniors 65 and up considering getting a procedure done are recommended to have a meeting with their general internist beforehand to discuss any medical risks. It is also recommended that seniors have their cosmetic surgeries performed in a hospital operating room rather than a private practice operation room to ensure that all safety equipment is present.
- Eye Lift: Seniors who are looking to improve their facial features also commonly turn to eyelid surgeries. Eye lifting surgeries are another extremely common procedure among elderly patients that help to reverse the look of aging by correcting dropping. In fact, in 2016 over 101,000 eyelid surgeries were performed for people over the age of 55. The average cost of an eyelid procedure is around $4,650.
- Another common plastic surgery procedure for seniors is liposuction. Liposuction is a procedure that helps to slim or reshape specific areas of the body. Liposuction re-shapes areas of your body by removing excess amounts of fat deposits. This procedure is becoming extremely common among seniors as weight gain later in life can become a more apparent struggle. Procedures such as this can help seniors control their weight and provide lasting body self-confidence. On average, a liposuction procedure will cost $6,000.
Cosmetic Surgeries for Seniors: Other Age Fighting Options
- If you aren’t interested in undergoing a cosmetic surgery procedure there are other transformative options to consider. For example, other nonsurgical options include Botox, skin tightening procedures, and skin rejuvenating facials.
- However, if you are uninterested in undergoing any type of cosmetic surgeries, there are other natural changes you can easily incorporate into your daily life. Maintaining good posture can actually help improve the overall look of your skin. Bad posture and slouching can cause tension on your muscles leaving your skin looking over-stretched and strained. Another simple tip to improve your overall youthfulness is to drink enough water each day. Water helps to flush out toxins, support healthy cells, and give your skin a healthy pigmented glow. Lastly, simple stretches each day can help to improve your overall youthfulness. Allowing for as little as 20 minutes of stretching a few times a week can help aid in weight control.
Whether you are newly retired or you have been enjoying your golden years, don’t let inevitable aging weigh you down! Cosmetic surgeries for seniors are becoming an increasingly desired and safe method! What tricks do you have to help keep you feeling youthful? Comment them below!